Jargon Blaster is an 8-bit imitation video game created by Elijah Dies, an instructional programs developer and designer, specifically for UT Libraries. The game, released in early 2023, is designed to give students a fun way to learn library terms and definitions that can be difficult to understand.
Dies’ goal with the project was to provide an educational resource that would entice students to keep coming back to try again. With engaging graphics, smooth gameplay, and jargonless definitions, students will be ready to take on the library’s most challenging terms and definitions without even realizing it.
Play the game at tiny.utk.edu/jargon-blaster.
Recent NewsMore News
- “My Graduation Journal” — View this hundred-year-old scrapbook
- Whodunit? Library friend's rare detective fiction on display at Grolier Club
- Our short story contest winners are …
- A Big Orange Thank-You
- Seventh Anniversary of Chimney Tops Wildfire: Explore UT Libraries Oral Histories
- New Collection Tied to Cormac McCarthy’s "Suttree" on Display
- Pendergrass Library: Digitized Theses Now Accessible Worldwide
- Apply for Funds to Archive and Share Your Data