University of Tennessee Libraries recently unveiled nine new digital collections featuring media guides from a wide variety of athletic programs that are filled with stats and stories all Volunteer fans are sure to enjoy.
The digitization of these athletic guides was a helpful learning experience for all involved. The project itself allowed all members to experiment with new processes while simultaneously testing out new workflows. The team was able to both incorporate existing and create new Wikidata entries within the metadata rather than relying on standard authorities. Additionally, a reimagining of the imaging processes to complete a project of this magnitude resulted in a decrease in storage costs while continuing to maintain the archival standards for preserving the digital images over time.
UT Libraries would like to acknowledge and thank Josh Morgan, Paul Cummins, Alesha Shumar, Becky Becker, Hannah Fountain, Meredith Hale, Brendon Blair, Alex Gillespie, Sadie Kimbrough, Justin Williams, Matthew Gerloff, and Aurora Mills for their work to complete the digitization of these athletic guides.
Recent NewsMore News
- “My Graduation Journal” — View this hundred-year-old scrapbook
- Whodunit? Library friend's rare detective fiction on display at Grolier Club
- Our short story contest winners are …
- A Big Orange Thank-You
- Seventh Anniversary of Chimney Tops Wildfire: Explore UT Libraries Oral Histories
- New Collection Tied to Cormac McCarthy’s "Suttree" on Display
- Pendergrass Library: Digitized Theses Now Accessible Worldwide
- Apply for Funds to Archive and Share Your Data