UT faculty and staff are invited to join webinars on November 6, 7, and 14 to learn about the InCites online research analytics and evaluation tool. Webinars led by a specialist from the Web of Science Group are available exclusively to UT Knoxville participants and are tailored to campus stakeholders.
InCites can help you showcase your research program’s strengths, identify influential researchers, analyze institutional productivity, and visualize collaborators around the world. Learn more about the InCites tool and its possible uses at UT Knoxville.
InCites, now available to the UT Knoxville campus, relies on the Web of Science Core Collection databases for its reports. The Web of Science Core Collection includes published research from all disciplines, including the Sciences, Social Sciences, and the Arts and Humanities.
The following webinars are sponsored by the Office of Research and Engagement. Sessions are free to participants, but registration is required. Read more and register for webinars here.
Session 1: InCites Benchmarking & Analytics
Wednesday, November 6, 9:00–10:15 a.m.
- Bibliometrics as a way of measuring past research performance
- Introduction to the InCites interface
- Common uses of the Benchmarking & Analytics tool and how it can be applied at UT
Session 2: Using bibliometrics for data-driven decisions
Wednesday, November 6, 1:00–2:00 p.m.
- Introduction to bibliometrics (using research literature to evaluate research output, influence, or relevance)
- When and how to use bibliometrics to inform decision making
Session 3: Research evaluation reports and institutional benchmarking deep dive
Thursday, November 7, 10:00–11:00 a.m.
- Advanced InCites workflows: discipline-specific benchmarking; ranking by various indicators; creation of unique datasets in Web of Science that can be exported to the InCites platform
- Attendees can explore use cases that match their interests.
Session 4: Beyond benchmarking
Thursday, November 14, 11:00 a.m. – noon
- Find collaborators, funding opportunities, business partners, and new hires, and identify your competitors.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own interests to this session.
Recent NewsMore News
- Faculty Bookplate 2020
- Holiday Hours
- Birds of the World database - Down for Maintenance- Nov. 17-19, 2020
- Boundless: Artists in the Archives featuring Marcel Holman
- Construction at Pendergrass Library Begins October 5
- Hodges Library Now Open til Midnight, Sunday – Thursday
- Hodges Library Now Closing at 10 pm, Sunday - Friday
- How to Library: Fall 2020