UT Dean of Libraries Steven Smith has been appointed to another three-year term on the Tennessee Advisory Council on Libraries. Smith has served on the advisory council since 2012.
The Tennessee Advisory Council on Libraries is the state entity that oversees library services that benefit all Tennesseans. The council advises the Tennessee State Library and Archives on long-range plans for library programs, services, and activities in Tennessee.
The Tennessee State Library and Archives collects and preserves books and records of historical, documentary and reference value, and encourages and promotes library development throughout the state. The state library supports Tennessee’s Regional Library System; provides construction funding, library materials, continuing education, and technology assistance to Tennessee’s public libraries; and encourages resource sharing across the state.
One ongoing project of the state library that benefits Tennessee’s colleges and universities is the Tennessee Electronic Library, an online collection of research resources made available free of charge to Tennessee residents.
Recent NewsMore News
- Construction at Pendergrass Library Begins October 5
- Hodges Library Now Open til Midnight, Sunday – Thursday
- Hodges Library Now Closing at 10 pm, Sunday - Friday
- How to Library: Fall 2020
- Plumb's Veterinary Drugs -Scheduled Maintenance on Wednesday, July 15
- UT Press Joins the University Libraries
- The Spring Semester Wasn’t All Sunshine. But Our Volunteer Spirit Helped Make it Brighter.