Faculty, staff, and students are invited to contribute to a book to be published this fall by Newfound Press, the UT Libraries’ online imprint.
This year, The Big Read prompted hundreds of Knoxvillians to read and discuss A Lesson Before Dying, Ernest Gaines’ thought-provoking novel about a black man who is sentenced to death for a murder he did not commit. Book discussions, lectures, a community leaders forum, Clarence Brown Theatre performances — events across our community provoked discussions on the book’s themes of racism, injustice, hope, and redemption.
The UT Libraries plans to commemorate the community-wide program with a book that captures a range of responses, both scholarly and personal, to Gaines’ inspiring novel. We invite contributions of any length and in any genre appropriate for publication, from essays to poetry to artworks.
Please submit images with a brief description or abstracts/excerpts no longer than 500 words to email@example.com.
Deadline for submissions is June 1, 2016.
Robin Bedenbaugh, UT Libraries (865-974-0430, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Martha Rudolph, UT Libraries (865-974-4273, email@example.com)
Recent NewsMore News
- GIS Day at Hodges Library, Nov. 13
- Attend Training for InCites, an Online Research Evaluation Tool
- Volopedia: Encyclopedia of UT History and Traditions Now Online
- UT Libraries endorses open academic publishing statement
- UT Libraries Gets High Ratings Once Again
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019