Students in the dorms — or, for that matter, anywhere on campus — can now stream movies to their laptops, on demand. The free movie channel (movies.utk.edu) is available to anyone, as long as they’re on campus to access the wireless network.
Each month, a selection of twenty feature films is available on demand from any laptop or desktop computer. The movie channel is not available from off-campus, and is presently not available to tablet computers. The Volunteer Channel (UT campus cable 12) makes the movies available to televisions in UT residence halls on a rotating schedule.
Students are invited to visit the Libraries on Facebook to weigh in on new movie selections each month — www.facebook.com/utklibraries.
Recent NewsMore News
- Join us to celebrate renowned Knoxville artists Beauford and Joseph Delaney
- On Display: The Art of the Editorial Cartoon
- Smokies Anniversary: Enjoy Historic Images of the Park
- Changes in Access to Library Resources
- Final Clarence Brown Films this Weekend; UT Libraries Holds the Director’s Archives
- Clarence Brown Film Festival Moves to UT Campus on Friday; Keynote Address at Hodges Library
- “Smouldering Fires” at Clarence Brown Film Festival Thursday; Explore Film Stills in the UT Libraries Archives
- Clarence Brown Film Festival, August 16–20, Salutes Famed Hollywood Director from Knoxville