Newfound Press expands access to specialized works by publishing online books, journals, and multimedia for general and scholarly audiences. All Newfound Press publications are open access, freely available to anyone via the internet. Content is evaluated by subject experts to ensure quality scholarship, and published online in easily searchable pdf files. Newfound Press books can be discovered via Google, ISBN, and Library of Congress cataloging.
Many readers and authors recognize the benefits of printed books which can be annotated, read without electricity or an internet connection, and represent tangible evidence of achievement. To order print versions of Newfound Press books, a reader clicks a button at the online book home page which connects to the UT Press shopping cart. UT Press uses a Chicago Distribution Center publishing service, BiblioVault, for digital print runs in small quantities.
UT Press launched its print-on-demand service with the Newfound Press title, To Advance Their Opportunities: Federal Labor Policies Toward African American Workers from WWI to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, by former U.S. Labor Department Historian Judson MacLaury. The book sells for $24.95, plus shipping. Newfound Press titles appear in the UT Press catalog.
University publishing in the digital age expands access to scholarship for a global audience. UT’s library and university press partnership promises ongoing innovations in today’s rapidly changing publishing culture.
Recent NewsMore News
- Get Help with Research Papers During Writing Blitz, March 10
- Grant Deadline Extended: UT Open Textbook/OER Grant Program
- Workshop, March 2: Intro to Open Educational Resources
- EBSCO eBooks - System Maintenance - February 20, 2020
- ProQuest Databases Down for Scheduled Maintenance - 10 pm EST Sat., Feb. 8 until 4 am EST Sun., Feb.9, 2020
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Alert: problems accessing e-resources
- Newly-acquired Joseph Delaney Sketch on Display
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Lifelong Learning Book Club for Faculty and StaffFeb. 28 @ 1pmJohn C Hodges Library - Mary E. Greer Room (258 Hodges)
Data and GIS Day at Pendergrass LibraryMar. 3 @ 2pmPendergrass Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library - A113
Foreign film: Science of SleepMar. 3 @ 7pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium