The UT Libraries Diversity Committee will host a discussion on Financial Literacy on Monday, September 16, noon–1:30 p.m., in the Mary Greer Room, 258 Hodges Library.
Please join us for an honest conversation about the perils and pitfalls as well as the benefits and rewards of borrowing money for college. Learn from professionals in the industry as well as wellness counselors about what is really involved when incurring student debt.
Philippa Satterwhite, coordinator of wellness and education with UT’s One Stop Student Services, will moderate the discussion. Panelists include Bilqis Amatus-Salaam, wellness coordinator with UT’s Center for Health Education and Wellness, and John Nolan, a financial literacy educator for SunTrust Bank.
Philippa Satterwhite has over a decade of professional experience in higher education. She is currently responsible for the creation, implementation, and oversight of the Center for Financial Wellness. She is a strong believer that we are what we repeatedly do and that financial wellness is not an act but a habit. She is really excited about helping students learn the habits of financial wellness.
Amatus-Salaam completed her Master in Public Health in 2015 with a focus on sexual health and college student health. In her role at UT she focuses on cold and flu prevention, stress reduction, sleep promotion, nutrition, and sexual health.
Nolan has represented SunTrust Bank in Knoxville since 2014. He teaches Financial Literacy Education, including budgeting, saving, and credit-building skills, through various non-profit organizations in East Tennessee such as the Knoxville Area Urban league and Junior Achievement.
The UT Libraries Diversity Committee hosts activities — including the Lunch and Learn Discussion Series — that promote civility and awareness of diversity issues.
Recent NewsMore News
- Join us to celebrate renowned Knoxville artists Beauford and Joseph Delaney
- On Display: The Art of the Editorial Cartoon
- Smokies Anniversary: Enjoy Historic Images of the Park
- Changes in Access to Library Resources
- Final Clarence Brown Films this Weekend; UT Libraries Holds the Director’s Archives
- Clarence Brown Film Festival Moves to UT Campus on Friday; Keynote Address at Hodges Library
- “Smouldering Fires” at Clarence Brown Film Festival Thursday; Explore Film Stills in the UT Libraries Archives
- Clarence Brown Film Festival, August 16–20, Salutes Famed Hollywood Director from Knoxville