- BIG IDEAS demand reliable information. The University Libraries supports scholarship, research, and learning at UT by acquiring, organizing, preserving, and facilitating access to the world’s knowledge. The wide-ranging expertise of our librarians might surprise you.
This semester we begin a series of profiles of UT Knoxville librarians. Watch for a new profile each week.
As the business librarian, Judy Li serves the information needs of students and faculty in Advertising; Retail, Hospitality and Tourism Management; and all programs in the College of Business Administration (CBA). As our business liaison, she provides research consultations, information literacy instruction, and collection development in those disciplines. Judy also works with MBA candidates pursuing their degrees remotely through the CBA’s Graduate and Executive Education program designed for working professionals.
Business information is packaged in a variety of ways. Judy’s “Business Research Center” — libguides.utk.edu/BIZ — is a good starting point for the researcher seeking company and industry information, economic and financial data, and other business tools. (Luckily, library subscriptions bring many valuable business sources out from behind the pay wall.)
Contact Judy (email@example.com, 974-0013) with your business reference questions or to schedule a research consultation. And watch for her upcoming financial literacy workshop.
Judy serves on the Executive/Advisory Board of the Special Library Association’s Business and Finance Division, and on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Library and Information Science in Distance Learning.
In addition to her master’s in library and information science, Judy holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration and an MBA with a concentration in entrepreneurship. She is also pursuing a PhD in information science. Judy was a research consultant in the telecommunications industry prior to receiving her MLIS. She has been a business librarian for over a decade and has worked in public, academic, and special libraries in the US, Canada, and Hong Kong.
Recent NewsMore News
- Newly-acquired Joseph Delaney Sketch on Display
- Exhibit: “Unveiled: Four Centuries of Apocalyptic Visions”
- An evening with culinary historian Michael W. Twitty
- Ebook Central, My Research, and Citation Tools - Down for Maintenance - 12/20-21/19
- Book Club “read” for faculty/staff: Everything They Never Taught You About College Teaching
- And the winner of our short story contest is . . .
- Create a Music Video for the Free Range Video Contest
- Resolved: Potential Interruption of Online Library Services