We’ve completed another phase in our master plan for keeping UT library spaces fresh and inviting. The Paul M. and Marion T. Miles Reading Room on the first floor of the John C. Hodges Library has been refreshed with new furnishings, fresh paint, more power outlets, and a more open study environment.
The first floor is a designated Quiet Study Floor, so the new color scheme for the Miles Reading Room is more muted than our dynamic Commons area and more conducive to quiet study. The reading room features a variety of seating areas, from easy chairs to booths to traditional oak library tables.
The reading room is named for longtime supporters of the UT Libraries, Paul and Marion Miles.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held in the Miles Reading Room on Friday, September 22, at 4:30 p.m. Everyone is invited to join the celebration.
Recent NewsMore News
- Pendergrass Library reopens July 26
- And the winner is...UT Libraries!
- UT Press Wins Book Awards
- Olivia Kelley Recognized for Extraordinary Customer Service Award
- This Year's Scholarship Winner
- Apply Now: UT Funding to Make Your Monograph Open Access
- Pendergrass Closed for Sprinkler Installation Starting May 12
- Partial Closure of Joe Johnson Drive