Open educational resources are freely accessible, openly licensed text, media, and other digital assets that are useful for teaching and learning. Open textbooks can be read online for free. By adopting open textbooks in their courses, UT instructors have saved students hundreds of thousands of dollars this past year.
Last year, the Student Government Association worked with the UT Libraries to launch an award recognizing instructors who use open educational resources, including free and openly licensed textbooks.
This year’s SGA Open Education Awards will be presented on April 23. Here is an open invitation from SGA and the Libraries:
The 2018 SGA Open Education Award winners will be announced at a reception on Monday, April 23rd.
Student Government leaders invite you to the celebration! Students will recognize faculty and instructors who are using openly-licensed, free educational resources.
Instructors from the following subject areas were nominated for the awards: Biology, Computer Science, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, and Psychology. Three courses and/or instructors will receive awards.
Please join us:
Monday, April 23rd
Hodges Library, Mary Greer Room (room 258, across from the Main Public Services Desk)
Beverages and light fare will be available. Please RSVP by Thursday, April 19, 2018, and please share this message with your colleagues.
The UTK Student Government Association and the reception hosts, UT Libraries
Recent NewsMore News
- Construction at Pendergrass Library Begins October 5
- Hodges Library Now Open til Midnight, Sunday – Friday
- Hodges Library Now Closing at 10 pm, Sunday - Friday
- How to Library: Fall 2020
- Plumb's Veterinary Drugs -Scheduled Maintenance on Wednesday, July 15
- UT Press Joins the University Libraries
- The Spring Semester Wasn’t All Sunshine. But Our Volunteer Spirit Helped Make it Brighter.