Heather Dobbins and Christian Anton Gerard will return to UT to read from their debut collections at the University of Tennessee’s Writers in the Library on Monday, February 2, at 7 p.m. in the Lindsay Young Auditorium of the John C. Hodges Library. The reading is free and open to the public.
Dobbins graduated from the UT College Scholars program. She has since earned graduate degrees in California and Vermont and has had her poems published in TriQuarterly Review, Raleigh Review, Beloit Poetry Journal, and The Rumpus, among others. Her debut collection of poems is In the Low Houses (Kelsay Press, 2014).[clear]
Christian Anton Gerard received his PhD in English from UT. He is now an assistant professor of English, Rhetoric and Writing at the University of Arkansas-Fort Smith. He has received scholarships from the Bread Loaf Writers’ Conference, an Academy of American Poets Prize, and the 2013 Iron Horse Literary Review‘s Discovered Voices Award. His debut collection of poems is Wilmot Here, Collect for Stella (WordTech, CW Books, 2014).
Writers in the Library hosts readings by noted authors of fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction. The series is sponsored by the UT Libraries and the UT Creative Writing Program in association with the John C. Hodges Better English Fund.
Christopher Hebert, the UT Libraries’ Jack E. Reese Writer-in-Residence, emcees Writers in the Library events. Hebert and Marilyn Kallet, director of the UT Creative Writing Program, have lined up an exceptional group of authors to read in the 2014–2015 academic year. Visit lib.utk.edu/writers for a complete schedule.
For further information contact Marilyn Kallet, Director, UT Creative Writing Program (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Christopher Hebert, Writer-in-Residence, UT Libraries (email@example.com).
Recent NewsMore News
- Springer Publishing E-Journals on SpringerConnect - Access Issues Resolved - 10 February 2021
- Wiley Online Library access has been restored - 4 Feb 2021
- Wiley Online Library is down - 3 Feb. 2021
- Springer Publishing E-Journals on SpringerConnect - Access Issues- 4 Feb. 2021
- Thesaurus Linguae Latinae (TLL) Online - downtime between February 1 and February 15, 2021.
- Elsevier access issues resolved -- 29 January 2021
- ScienceDirect, Scopus, and other Elsevier products- are experiencing technical issues
- How to Library: Spring 2021