PowerNotes is a great way to gather, organize, and keep track of your online research.
The UT Libraries has purchased a trial subscription that gives members of the UT Knoxville community free access to PowerNotes. To get started, visit powernotes.com and download/install the PowerNotes extension into your Chrome browser. Create a free account using your utk.edu email.
Then you’re ready to launch a project. You can build and edit an outline as you conduct research.
When you find web content relevant to your research project, click on the PowerNotes icon and log-in. You can then:
- Highlight it: Highlight text to add a snippet to the outline for your research project.
- Choose a topic: Assign snippets to categories that you create as you work.
- Add notes, if you wish.
- Harvest citations, which you can then upload to a citation manager.
- Transfer your outline and notes to a Word file.
You can save, annotate, organize, and track multiple research projects. PowerNotes keeps track of the source URL for each snippet. (This works for most websites — Facebook, Gmail, and Google Docs are notable exceptions.)
*** The trial subscription ends in June — so backup your projects! ***
If you would like to recommend or comment on PowerNotes, contact librarian Charissa Powell, email@example.com.
Recent NewsMore News
- Thank You, Dean’s Student Advisory Committee
- SGA Recognizes Instructors Who Use Open Educational Resources
- GIVING TUESDAY NOW: Give to the Student Emergency Fund on May 5
- UT Libraries Zoom Backgrounds
- De-Stress for Success & Study Day Resources
- HathiTrust Gives UT Users Temporary Access to More than a Million e-Books
- Classes are online, and so are we!
- Big Orange STEM Saturday for High School Students CANCELLED