- Monday: Bind your own notebook
- Tuesday: Learn to preserve your personal treasures
- Wednesday: Demonstrations by Bob Roberts of Gilded Leaf Bookbinding and Restoration
- Thursday: Watch the UT Libraries’ Preservation Lab make recoveries
- Repairs and when to get professional help
- Friday: Watch the UT Libraries’ Preservation Lab make recoveries
- Recoveries from floods, fires, and poor storage
Read more about what the Preservation Lab does.
New “Vlog” on Preserving Books and Other Treasures
In her new vlog, Get to the Point in Library Preservation, preservation technician Amanda Richards demonstrates the tools and techniques she uses to make sure the UT Libraries collections will stand the test of time. Amanda offers step-by-step tutorials on techniques — such as sew-ins, book binding, and constructing boxes to house fragile materials — that she uses to treat circulating books as well as the rare and unique items in our Betsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives.
Recent NewsMore News
- Thank You, Dean’s Student Advisory Committee
- SGA Recognizes Instructors Who Use Open Educational Resources
- GIVING TUESDAY NOW: Give to the Student Emergency Fund on May 5
- UT Libraries Zoom Backgrounds
- De-Stress for Success & Study Day Resources
- HathiTrust Gives UT Users Temporary Access to More than a Million e-Books
- Classes are online, and so are we!
- Big Orange STEM Saturday for High School Students CANCELLED