The UT Libraries Diversity Committee hosts a series of lunchtime discussions to facilitate comfortable dialog about diversity and inclusion. Lunch and Learn invites students and other members of the campus community to talk openly but respectfully about complex issues that impact their lives and their campus experience.
Join us for a workshop on:
The Life of the Student Athlete: Perception versus Reality
Noon – 1:30 p.m., Wed., Sept. 19
213 Hodges Library
Joe Scogin and Kayla Smith of the Thornton Athletics Student Life Center will facilitate a discussion on the challenges facing student athletes. The Thornton Center helps student-athletes balance the difficult demands of their academic and athletic schedules by providing academic support services as well as career and professional development, and character and leadership development.
Joe Scogin is assistant provost, director of the Thornton Center, and senior associate athletic director. Kayla Smith is assistant athletics director for student-athlete engagement. Smith works with student-athletes and administrators to ensure that UT’s athletics program is at the forefront when it comes to community outreach, career discovery, and preparing young men and women for the next phases of life.
Recent NewsMore News
- Thank You, Dean’s Student Advisory Committee
- SGA Recognizes Instructors Who Use Open Educational Resources
- GIVING TUESDAY NOW: Give to the Student Emergency Fund on May 5
- UT Libraries Zoom Backgrounds
- De-Stress for Success & Study Day Resources
- HathiTrust Gives UT Users Temporary Access to More than a Million e-Books
- Classes are online, and so are we!
- Big Orange STEM Saturday for High School Students CANCELLED