What services and resources are important to our library users, and how successfully do the libraries deliver them?
Many library users will soon receive an email invitation from Louis Becker, Assessment Programs Librarian for UT Libraries, to participate in an online survey designed to answer those questions. On February 9th, invitations will go out to random samples of faculty, undergraduates, graduate students, and staff. If you receive an email, please accept our invitation. This is your opportunity to tell us how we’re doing and how we can improve.
This will be the third time that the UT Libraries has participated in the MISO (Measuring Information Services Outcomes) Survey. Here are a few things we learned from surveying our users in 2019:
- Of the targeted populations, faculty expressed the greatest level of satisfaction with library services overall (89%). 85% of graduate students and 83% of undergraduates also reported satisfaction with library services overall that year.
- More than half of undergraduates visit Hodges Library at least once a week; 97% indicated that they visited at least once or twice a semester.
- Most undergrads take advantage of the library’s quiet study spaces (88%) and group study spaces (83%). 71% of undergraduates reported using public computers in the libraries.
We asked our users about the level of importance they assign to various library resources as well as their level of satisfaction. Even prior to the pandemic, “Access to online resources from off campus” was rated “Very Important” by 74% of our respondents, including 86% of faculty and 88% of graduate students. We have continually invested in our online offerings and have upgraded systems over the past three years to ensure that our resources are available when and where needed.
Help us stay informed about your information needs. Let us know what you think of our current services and resources. Your survey responses can make a difference.
The MISO Survey will be open from February 9th through 21st, 2022.
Recent NewsMore News
- Henry Luce Foundation Grant to Fund Programs Highlighting Beauford Delaney Papers
- Writing Blitz, March 29
- Do you know where your next meal is coming from?
- A Conversation with Appalachian Filmmakers
- Early Printed Bibles on View during Shakespeare Symposium
- Accessible to All — Resources to Learn More About Disabilities
- Financial Hardship and Food Insecurity on Campus: Panel Discussion, March 9
- Share Your UT Libraries Love Story!
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Barbara Dombrowski - “Tropic Ice” Exhibit, Screening and Lecture at Hodges LibraryMar. 27 at 4pmJohn C Hodges Library - 2nd floor, Main Gallery
Game NightMar. 27 at 7pmPendergrass Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library - Group Study Area
Barbara Dombrowski - “Tropic Ice” Exhibit, Screening and Lecture at Hodges LibraryMar. 28 at 4pmJohn C Hodges Library - 2nd floor, Main Gallery