The University of Tennessee Libraries has surpassed its $20 million fundraising goal for the Join the Journey campaign. The Libraries reached this milestone with nine months yet to go in the university’s capital campaign.
UT Knoxville embarked on the $1.1 billion Join the Journey campaign to advance the university on its journey to becoming a preeminent public research university. UT launched the silent phase of the Join the Journey campaign in January 2012 and announced the campaign to the public in September 2017.
Join the Journey is the most ambitious capital campaign in the Libraries’ and the university’s history. Donations to the Libraries — $20.5 million to date — represent the greatest amount ever raised by the Libraries in a university campaign.
Dean of Libraries Steven Smith expressed his gratitude to library donors: “A strong library is essential to the success of every student who graduates from the university, and we are grateful that our donors recognize and support this.”
Students experience the impact of private support every day through enhanced library collections and resources; library spaces that evolve to serve the changing demands of academia; and innovative services that support both general education and emerging forms of scholarship.
The Join the Journey campaign continues through June 30, 2020. Do you want to help further the Libraries’ journey? Become a member of the Library Society today to make a difference in the lives of all UT students and faculty. Read about the Library Society’s funding priorities and opportunities for giving, or contact Brian Broyles, senior director of advancement, at 865-974-9588 to learn more.
Recent NewsMore News
- Newly-acquired Joseph Delaney Sketch on Display
- Exhibit: “Unveiled: Four Centuries of Apocalyptic Visions”
- An evening with culinary historian Michael W. Twitty
- Ebook Central, My Research, and Citation Tools - Down for Maintenance - 12/20-21/19
- Book Club “read” for faculty/staff: Everything They Never Taught You About College Teaching
- And the winner of our short story contest is . . .
- Create a Music Video for the Free Range Video Contest
- Resolved: Potential Interruption of Online Library Services