Open educational resources are freely accessible, openly licensed text, media, and other digital assets that are useful for teaching and learning. Open textbooks can be read online for free. By adopting open textbooks in their courses, UT instructors save students hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.
In 2017, the Student Government Association worked with the UT Libraries to launch an award recognizing instructors who use open educational resources, including free and openly licensed textbooks.
This year’s SGA Open Education Awards will be presented on April 25. Here is an open invitation from SGA and the Libraries:
The 2019 SGA Open Education Award winners will be announced at a reception on Thursday, April 25.
Student Government leaders invite you to the celebration! Students will recognize faculty and instructors who are using openly-licensed, free educational resources.
Instructors from the following subject areas were nominated for the awards: Anthropology, Biology, Economics, English, Engineering, Psychology, and Physics.
Please join us:
Thursday, April 25
3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Hodges Library, Mary Greer Room (room 258, across from the Main Public Services Desk)
Beverages and light fare will be available. Please RSVP by Thursday, April 18, 2019, and please share this message with your colleagues.
The UTK Student Government Association and the reception hosts, UT Libraries
Recent NewsMore News
- An evening with culinary historian Michael W. Twitty
- Ebook Central, My Research, and Citation Tools - Down for Maintenance - 12/20-21/19
- Book Club “read” for faculty/staff: Everything They Never Taught You About College Teaching
- And the winner of our short story contest is . . .
- Create a Music Video for the Free Range Video Contest
- Resolved: Potential Interruption of Online Library Services
- Walk-in Access to Map Collection and Library Materials in Storage Reduced to One Day Per Week
- GIS Day at Hodges Library, Nov. 13