DeStress for Success
UT Libraries will offer a wide variety of activities and events for all Volunteers as part of its annual Destress for Success week, December 8–15. Be ready to walk the red carpet to success this year during finals!
- Study Day, Thursday, December 8:
- In addition to study sessions with our Peer-Learning Assistants (formerly, tutors) from the Vol Study Center, the Judith Anderson Herbert Writing Center, and the Math Place, we will be providing morning bagels/pastries, hot chocolate, and coffee in the Hodges Library (220K and 209).
- There will also be a couple of 25-minute yoga sessions: 9 am and 11 am in Hodges 213. We will be providing some activities and games in our study areas including adult coloring items, play-doh, rock painting, and more. Activities will be available 9 am – 3 pm. We hope to see you there!
- Game Night — Thursday, December 8, 4 pm – 9 pm, in Room 209:
- Sign up for D&D sessions (limited space — sign up here).
- Gear up for Game Nights which happen once a month on Wednesdays. Join our email list for announcements or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make a Walk of Fame star (ongoing in Room 209).
- Write encouraging words on our Gold Star wall of inspiration (ongoing).
- Make your own Phenakistiscope (ongoing in Room 209).
- Design your Gala look on a paper doll (ongoing in Room 209).
- Walkway of Acceptance speech — Write your thank-you’s to those who helped you succeed during finals (ongoing).
- Come to a late-night sing-along on Tuesday, December 13, with Patrick. Join us in Room 209, beginning at 9 pm, for a mix of classic rock, musicals, and movie favorites.
- And walk the orange carpet into the Mary Greer Room for some snacks and photo ops!
- Friday, December 9, 2 pm – 6 pm
- Monday, December 12, 2 pm – 4 pm
- Tuesday, December 13, 2 pm – 4 pm
- Wednesday, December 14, 2 pm – 4 pm
- Thursday, December 15, 2 pm – 3 pm
Vollywood Photo-op and snacks — December 9–15
HABIT Dogs, Coffee/tea, Grab Popcorn to go:
- Friday, December 9, 2 pm – 4 pm
- Monday, December 12, 6 pm – 7 pm
- Wednesday, December 14, 2 pm – 3 pm
Decorate a vinyl record — December 12, 2–5 pm, and December 13, 9-12 pm & 2-5 pm
Register for Pendergrass events.
Pancakes at Pendergrass with Chancellor Plowman
- Thursday, December 8, 11 am – 1 pm
Dungeons and De-Stress:
- Thursday, December 8, 6 pm – 8 pm
- Monday December 12, 6 pm – 8 pm
- Thursday, December 15, 2 pm – 4 pm
Coffee and Tea at Pendergrass:
- Friday, December 9, 9 am – 11 am
- Monday, December 12, 11 am – 1 pm
- Tuesday, December 13, 2 pm – 4 pm
- Friday, December 9, 2 pm – 5 pm
- Monday, December 12, 2–4 pm & 5–6 pm
- Tuesday, December 13, 2–3 pm, 4–5 pm, & 6–7 pm
- Wednesday, December 14, 2–3 pm & 5–6 pm
Everything else we will have will be ongoing:
- Arts and crafts
- Selfie station
Recent NewsMore News
- Henry Luce Foundation Grant to Fund Programs Highlighting Beauford Delaney Papers
- Writing Blitz, March 29
- Do you know where your next meal is coming from?
- A Conversation with Appalachian Filmmakers
- Early Printed Bibles on View during Shakespeare Symposium
- Accessible to All — Resources to Learn More About Disabilities
- Financial Hardship and Food Insecurity on Campus: Panel Discussion, March 9
- Share Your UT Libraries Love Story!
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Barbara Dombrowski - “Tropic Ice” Exhibit, Screening and Lecture at Hodges LibraryMar. 27 at 4pmJohn C Hodges Library - 2nd floor, Main Gallery
Game NightMar. 27 at 7pmPendergrass Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library - Group Study Area
Barbara Dombrowski - “Tropic Ice” Exhibit, Screening and Lecture at Hodges LibraryMar. 28 at 4pmJohn C Hodges Library - 2nd floor, Main Gallery